Sunday, January 26, 2014

Day 16 - At Sea

Saturday - When I awoke about 9 the sun was shining in and when I stepped out on my balcony it was already hot, so I decided I needed to get to the pool.  I was in the pool for about half an hour and sat outside for another hour and a half - I did not want to overdo it since it was my first day in a strong sun since September.

After lunch I sat on the balcony and read before it was time for my third iPad lesson.  I am still learning so many things about my iPad and the iOS7 upgrade.

Tea time was in the Lido with a friend from my Cruise Critic roll call.

Tonight is Burns' Night honoring the birth of Robert Burns the famous Scottish poet.  We had haggis as an appetizer choice which I ordered.  I have had it a few times and actually like it as long as I don't think too much about what goes in to it.  Some of the menu choices started repeating tonight.  After dinner there was the Traditional Address to the Haggis and some dancing by the Royal Cunard Dancers that was definitely not traditional Scottish dancing.

The entertainment tonight was the "Manhattan Dolls" a trio of female singers doing hits from the 50s and 60s.

We gain another hour tonight but I have to meet my tour for Limon, Costa Rica at 7:00 in the morning (what was I thinking booking such an early tour).

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. I read about Haggis on Wikipedia and concluded that you are a braver sould than me. I don't think I could eat it without thinking about the ingredients!
    Thanks for your blog. I look forward to meeting you when I board in San Francisco.

    ReplyDelete