Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 101 - At sea

Monday, April 21

Woke up at 9:20, watched the morning show and then headed for a couple of hours by the pool.  The wind was stronger than it had been for some time and it was blowing the pool water into my face as I swam.

During the Captain's noon announcements we were told that the Code Red had been lifted.  As I walked through the Lido the cling wrap had been removed and you could get your own tea/coffee/water/ice cream.

After changing I went back to the Lido for lunch.  It is so nice to serve yourself again.  As happy as I am the crew must be even happier!

Talked with Hilda and Jim in the World Voyage lounge for awhile and then to Needlework/Knitting group.  We had nineteen today and a couple of the regulars were missing!

Then to 4:15 trivia.  Not bad with 14 out of 20 correct. (What is bogyphobia?  Where is the game kabbady played? )

Had an ice cream and finished my book and returned it to the library.

Returned to my stateroom just before six and thought I would check on the situation in the laundrette.  A man was taking his things out of a washer so I was able to put mine right in.  We talked for awhile.  He and his wife had done the first half of the World Voyage on Queen Victoria, switched to the Queen Elizabeth in Brisbane and in Southampton will take the Queen Mary 2 back to the US.  He told me about their experiences in the South American portion of the voyage.

Only four of us for dinner tonight so we finished very early (9:35).  Hilda and I sat and talked for a bit and then watched the dancing in the Queens Room.  Picked up my orange juice and was back in my stateroom by 10:00.  The show tonight was a piano player but I decided not to go.

Today was Queen Elizabeth II's 88th birthday (her real birthday - the official one is in June).

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So what did the man in the launderette say about his experiences on the QV around South America? Don't build us up and leave us hanging! LOL. Did he offer an opinion about liking QV more or less than QE?

    ReplyDelete