Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 87 - Penang, Malaysia 

Monday, April 7

Awoke around 8 and we were just pulling into port in Georgetown.  Put on my bathrobe and went out on the balcony to watch.  We were all tied up by 8:30 and I went back to bed.  Slept until 9:45 and then watched the morning show and got ready to go.

I had not planned an excursion (nothing really appealed) so I took the shuttle bus to the Pragin Mall. It was a bit different from the malls we had seen recently.  It was a number of small shops and kiosks selling cheap jewelry, clothes, shoes and electronics.  There was another part next door that had an H&M and some other "name" shops but neither had anything I was interested in.  I came back to the ship at 11:30 and had an early lunch in the Lido.

Sat in the World Voyage area and finished my Ruth Rendell book.  After sorting out my laundry (20 for $40 special tomorrow) it was 3:00 and the library reopened.  Found another Ruth Rendell book.

I had not been to afternoon tea in the Queens Room since my friends Angela and Lee left in San Francisco (we always ended up there together).  Although the afternoon tea in the Lido is the same food, it just tastes better (and more elegant) in the Queens Room.

Went to the first half of afternoon trivia but everyone was back onboard promptly so we were ready to sail at 4:30.  I made it to deck 9 in time to see us pull away from the dock.

In early evening trivia I only had 12 out of 22.

We had ten for dinner tonight and Hilda came back for the first time in a month.  It is so good to see her on the mend and getting back to her usual self.

The show tonight was a repeat and I decided to pass on seeing it again.

We have two sea days before we get to Sri Lanka and I am really looking forward to them!
view from my balcony

another view from my balcony

street scene

street scene

interior of mall

looking down on the ground floor

display inside mall

in a travel agency window - I got a kick out of them promoting it as first class because everyone can sit

street scene

street scene

Malaysian flag


Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. It is all just so incredible, love love love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete